Friday, June 16, 2006

the bitch is back!

I had that phrase run through my head recently; I was trying to recall where it originated, and I settled on the ad campaign for Alien³. In Aliens, Ripley uttered the famous "Get away from her, you bitch!" Which would make "the bitch is back" a perfect tag line for Alien³--even though imdb lists Alien³'s first tag line as the incomprehensible, In 1979, we discovered in space no one can hear you scream. In 1992, we will discover, on Earth, EVERYONE can hear you scream. Um...what!?

But I'm back, after an extended leave of absence. I know my 1-2 readers will be thrilled by my return to the internet stage. I'm somewhat delicate these days; my feline friend Ferdinand (let's call him F³) has been ill, with a mysterious malady.

The vet, who seems smart to me because he has a brusque manner, ruled out the all the usual suspects of feline AIDS, leukemia, diabetes, etc. We know from blood tests that F³ is anemic. We know from X-rays that F³ has a slightly enlarged heart. (Awww! He's got a big hawt!) What we don't know is why he became listless, lost 2 lbs., and developed a fever a few days ago.

Right now he's lounging around at home, meowing at the slightest mood change, getting picked up and cuddled every six seconds, and basically doing all but ringing a bell and ordering me and my roommate around the house. He's on the mend, folks! God bless 'im.

I could be delicate for other reasons. I've cried twice in front of the vegetarian Bacon--once thinking about the fact that her mother died two years ago, and is never coming back; and once on Tuesday night, when F³ had been admitted overnight to the brusque vet's office. Both times vegetarian Bacon ended up comforting me and, the time about her mother, giving me some kleenex. Maybe I'm just sensitive. Call me Jewel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey said...

welcome back.

12:25 PM  
Blogger CC said...

Uh, thanks. This is mysterious. I may have 2-3 readers now.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

You're sensitive. Stay that way, Sniffles.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home